The Event changes yearly according to techs anonymous evaluation
forms. Please review this page so you'll know what to expect for 2014!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q.) Can we bring guests, children, or spouses?
A.) NO. This is a 'professionals only' Event. Be prepared to show your beauty license & photo ID !
Q.) Can I pay at the door because I missed the registration deadline?
A.) Yes, but it's CASH ONLY & you must show your professional beauty license along with a photo ID.
To streamline the registration process, please have those items out & ready to show!
Q. Can I get a refund because I can't attend now?
A.) No. You may sell your registration to another beauty professional. They WILL need to show their professional
license & photo ID!
Q.) How do I get free nail goodies?
A.) All attendees will receive an empty goodie bag & a booth map upon check-in. FREE nail goodies will be given to
you at participating booths WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
*Products are graciously donated by sponsoring nail companies who cannot afford to give away endless amounts!
*Do not arrive after 10:30am & expect to get any FREE nail goodies because they will be gone!
*Examples of some 2012 Event FREE nail goodies. Product donations differ from year to year.
*Examples of some 2013 Event FREE nail goodies. Product donations differ from year to year.
Q.) Since I can't attend now, can a friend pick up my free nail goodies & bag for me?
Q.) When should I arrive?
A.) The check-in process will begin at 9:00am (Eastern Time) with Event entry at 10:00am. Factor in travel time
& arrive early for parking. The GCC does NOT have a parking lot! Nearby are paid parking lots ranging from $5 - $10.
Several paid parking lots are located on Historic Nature Trail
Q.) Where do we enter the Gatlinburg Convention Center?
A). Enter the GCC at the newer Mills Conference Center, located on Historic Nature Trail (Traffic light #8).
Look for our sign & enter thru those doors. The 2013 Event will be in the fabulous Mills Auditorium room.
*Our Event sign will NOT be on the Parkway since we are in the newer Mills section of the GCC.
*Other conventions held in the older section of the GCC utilize the sign on the Parkway.
Q.) What do I wear to The Event?
A.) Please wear business-casual, work appropriate clothing. Do NOT dress in hootchie club attire, please.
Dress for success! These candid photos will appear in trade magazines & on the web, so don't look ignorant.
Our motto: When in doubt, don't wear it out! Still unsure?
Here are some tasteful guidelines:
* Capris & walking shorts are fine.
* Mini skirts & Daisey Dukes are not!
* Cleavage needs to be kept under wraps, which includes the rear cleavage as well.
* Stomachs are not to be bared.
* Bras & underwear should be worn under your clothing.
* Clothing needs to fit your body, not be 2 sizes too small. We each have our
own "problem areas", be it fat rolls or cellulite. We don't need to see yours!
*actual photo taken at a beauty industry trade show!
*Remember - This is NOT an audition for TLC's "What Not to Wear"!
Please don't embarrass yourself or others!
* People caught violating the rules of common decency run the risk of seeing photos of
their unfortunate clothing choices posted on Facebook (a.k.a. "The Wall of Shame").
Everyone has a cell phone camera now!
Q.) Can we buy products at The Event?
A.) Yes, so bring cash (1's, 5's & 10's) & credit cards. To sell or not to sell product is determined by each nail company.
All companies are encouraged to sell products, as well as demo products!
*If you're disgruntled that a company was NOT selling product, gripe to that company, not to us.
Q.) Will there be food served at The Event?
A.) Yes! The GCC's catering firm will have food for sale in the foyer. Otherwise, many restaurants are located within
walking distance, but the GCC does NOT allow outside food to be brought in.
Beverage machines & water fountains are located near the restrooms & Classrooms!
Q.) Can I leave The Event & then come back?
A.) Yes. Keep your wrist band on & don't take it off until you're ready to leave for good. No wrist band = no entry!
Q.) Do I have to be present to win a door prize?
A.) Yes. The number on your wrist band must match the number on the drawn stub. Sorry, we can't mail prizes.
If the winning ticket isn't immediately claimed, another ticket stub will be drawn in its place.
*Drawings at 5:00 in the foyer when The Event concludes!
*We choose the Door Prize, THEN pick the number (sorry, no exchanges).
*Time your restroom breaks beforehand so you don't miss out.
*Grand Prize drawn last!
Q.) Is there a bag check area so I don't have to carry purchases?
Q.) Do I have to fill out an anonymous evaluation survey?
A.) Yes & No. Yes, if you want MORE FREE goodies! No, if you do not.
Without your input we have no way of knowing what you liked or disliked. We strive to meet your needs & honestly
care about your opinion. Make YOUR vote count for the following Event!
When you're ready to depart:
* The anonymous forms will be at the registration desk.
* It's 11 simple, mostly YES or NO questions.
* Return it face down at the registration desk to receive MORE FREE nail products!
Q.) Can I sign up for Monday Workshop Classes during The Event?
A.) Yes, BUT pre-registration is strongly encouraged!
The risks of waiting are:
* the class sells out!
* the class is canceled due to lack of interest!
Q.) Can I get CEU's (Continuing Education Units) for taking the classes?
Q.) Will Monday Workshop Classes be held elsewhere besides the Gatlinburg Convention Center?
A.) NO! The only endorsed classes are the ones being held at the Gatlinburg Convention Center & booked thru The Event.
All legitimate classes are listed on the page "Monday Workshop Classes"; the rest are bootleg & buyer beware!
Q.) How can we continue to get BIGGER Door Prizes & MORE free products?
A.) On the "Company Sponsors" page are ALL participating company's web sites. Contact these companies to show your
appreciation for their generosity!
* These companies NEED your feedback or they'll stop donating to us!
*When ordering online or by phone, mention you found them at the Smoky Mtn. Event!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1) The nail companies need to make a profit, otherwise they cannot afford to participate in future Events.
*The more products they sell, the more likely they will return.
* Please delay buying your nail supplies until at The Event!
*Reward the participating nail companies by purchasing products directly from them, plus avoid shipping charges!
2) Bring plenty of business cards to exchange with others. There's no quicker way to be forgotten than to NOT have your professional business cards with you!
3) If you're interested in becoming an educator, mention it to your favorite company at The Event. They'll pass on
your contact info to their educational director!
4) Introduce yourself to others, especially if you see someone alone. This is one way to make new friends & enlarge your
network of contacts. A great place to start is in a class or at Nail Talk Radio's Meet & Greet!
4) Need a roommate or to carpool? Post your request on our Event Facebook page at:
5) Need a smoke break? A covered patio is thru the double doors near Ballroom 'A'. There's also park benches on
Historic Nature Trail near the circular Trolley stop.
6) Please don't trash the Gatlinburg Convention Center & conduct yourselves decently during your visit to Gatlinburg, as each individual's behavior reflects back on us nail techs as a whole.
7) Restaurants may have a longer wait in this resort town. Be prepared to spend 1-2 hours on your dining experience.
You may finish sooner, but then again you may not.
Flying Saucer Pizza near the Space Needle. Subway across from the GCC. Bearland Grill near GCC.
4th Event, 2011 6th Event, 2013